Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hannibal the Cannibal

So yesterday at work I finished Hannibal by Thomas Harris. What a spectacular novel. Its really a shame that it got so butchered in the movie. So if you have seen the movie (or not) I highly suggest you read this book. Like other books that have been turned into movies, I much prefer the book. Once you get reading this you will not be able to put it down. I also like that in this book you get a glimpse of why Dr. Lecter is the way he if. For his full background story I would suggest reading Hannibal Rising also by Thomas Harris. That book gives you the full story of how he became what he is in Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal. A warning to those these books are very dark and creepy. Which I personally love to read, but some might not. Brillently written with twists and turns you would never see coming.

No comments: